“Gathering to seek and to worship God,
and disperse, sharing and celebrating through love and service, the grace of God:
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.”
Sunday Morning Worship & Communion
Beloved community … this Sunday, you are invited to join us, online or in-person.
~ Coffee & Conversation, Sunday, October 1, 9:30 am, Adult Sunday School Room
~ Children’s Sunday School, Sunday, October 1, 10:15 am, Children’s Sunday School Room
~ Worship & Communion Service, Sunday, October 1, 11:00 am – in person, by Zoom (link below, and on Facebook Live (Grace Presbyterian Church, Midland, Texas)
Prelude/Postlude: Chorale Prelude ‘Ach Gott, vom Himmel sieh Darien’;Gagliarda
Hymns: The Church’s One Foundation ; We Come to This Table (tune–We Gather Together); O God in Whom All Life Begins
Scripture: Genesis 2:7-9, 18; Psalm 23; Matthew 6:24-34
Sermon: “Living with Abundance”
Guest: Shane Christopher, President of the Board of Directors for Friendship House
Assisting Elder: Bob Alexander
~ Nomination Committee, Sunday, October 1, 12 noon
Hearing assistance devices; large print hymnals; fun activity bags for children; and the children’s play/pray space in the front corner of the sanctuary.
~ Grace’s “Happy Taxi”: is running again! If you would like a ride to worship on Sundays, please call Happy Taxi coordinator Judy Brown (853-3056)
Thank You, your holiness, for such attention to our lives, and In Christ’s name, Amen.
8:00 a.m. Work Morning at the church
8:00 a.m. Prayer walk/ride for Fannin Elementary School
9:30 a.m. Coffee & Conversation
10:15 a.m. Children’s Sunday School
11:00 a.m. Worship
Mission Team Meeting
Monday, Sept. 11 at 5:30 p.m., Adult Education Room
Handbells, Wednesdays, 7:00 pm, Bell Choir Room
Soul Sisters, Wednesdays, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Choir, Wednesdays, 7:00 pm, Choir Room
Horizons Bible Study
Begins on Thursday, September 14, at 3:00 p.m. in the Koinonia Room.
Pastor Diane will facilitate the exploration of the power and presence of Jesus in Luke-Acts.
All are welcome!
September 15, 18-22
Tracy’s Vacation (Office Manager)
September 17 Evangelism Sunday
9:30 a.m. Coffee & Conversation on the Lectionary, Sunday,s 10, 10:15 am, Children’s Sunday School Room
10:15 a.m. Children’s Sunday School, Sundays, 10:15 am, Children’s Sunday School Room
11:00 a.m. TOGETHER Worship & Communion Service, 11:00 am, Sanctuary/ZOOM/Facebook Live
Resource Team Meeting
Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 6:00 p.m., Koinonia Room
Shared Ministry Team of Grace & Midland Lutheran
Tuesday, Sept. 26 at 6:00 p.m., Koinonia Room
Thursday, Sept. 28 at 6:30 p.m., Adult Education Room
Christ is Risen! Christ is Risen indeed!
We are Easter people; let us live into the hope of Christ’s resurrection.
May this day offer you just what you need in each unfolding moment.
The Rev. Diane Baldwin has joined the staff at Grace Presbyterian Church as our Interim Pastor.
The Mission Team has designated the first Sunday of each month as a “Blessing Box Sunday”, meaning that is a GREAT time to make donations for the Blessing Box. A suggested list of items is included in the newsletter (and on the Mission table in the narthex) and covers such things as canned soups, canned fruits, boxed meals, canned meats, pasta, pasta sauces, crackers of all kinds, peanut butter crackers, peanut butter, rice, cereals, granola bars, cookies, baby goods of any kind, and toiletries. Include things you would like, yourself! Creativity is welcome.
As Sundays are presently a difficult day to bring donations, another day works fine (Tuesday thru Friday); there is a collection basket on/by the Mission table back by the Fellowship Hall. Or – if the Blessing Box is in need of stocking, you can put your goods directly in the Box.
Thank you; YOU are a blessing!
• Manna Bags: The Manna Bags are available at the church for you to keep in your car and hand out to people on the street corners asking for help. They contain face masks, food items and information about where to get help. Feel free to come by and pick them up.
• Growing with Grace: We continue to pack sacks of food for Fannin Elementary students to take home with them on the weekends.
• Prayer Box. Also by the labyrinth on the edge of our north parking lot is the Grace “Prayer Box” (in the photo, at left). Anyone from the community is welcome to come by and drop in a prayer request. Requests will be kept anonymous as they are shared with the congregation.
• Grace continues to support our Mission Partners each month: Marion Medical Mission, Family Promise, Tres Rios Presbytery, Community Children’s Clinic, Reflection Ministries, and others.
• Grace received a grant of $1,000 from the Tres Rios Presbytery to help keep the well- utilized Blessing Box stocked. Thank you Tres Rios Presbytery!!!
What’s Happening at Grace …
Online Giving Through Presbyterian Foundation
(CLICK HERE for instructions on how to use this feature)