“The people of Grace Presbyterian Church gather to seek and to worship God,
and disperse, sharing and celebrating through love and service, the grace of God:
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.”
Sunday Morning Worship at Grace
9:30 am: Sunday School – in person and by Zoom (contact office administrator)
10:15 am: Children’s Sunday School
11:00 am: Worship (bulletin link below) – in person, by Zoom, and on Facebook Live (Grace Presbyterian Church, Midland, Texas)
Zoom Meeting–contact office administrator for invitation
Please Remember in Your Prayers:
~ Raquel Mendoza – cancer treatment~
~ Lynda Clark – chemo
~ Pat Snyder – Knee Surgery recovery
~ Alathea Blischke – upcoming knee surgery
~ Jo Halpert – hip surgery recovery
~ Prayers of rest and strength to ALL our brothers and sisters in Christ who are tired, exhausted, and worn out.
~ Bell Choir, 06/28/2022 7:00 pm
~ Soul Sisters, 06/29/2022, 1:00 pm
~ Kid’s Club 06/29/2022 5:30 pm
~ Burgers n Blessings 06/29/2022 6:00 pm
~ Choir, 06/29/2022, 7:00 pm
~ Newsletter Deadline, 06/29/2022
~ Newsletter Folding, 06/30/2022, 10:00 am
In Other News:
~ Grace’s “Happy Taxi”: is running again! If you would like a ride to worship on Sundays, please call Happy Taxi coordinator Judy Brown (853-3056)
Christ is Risen! Christ is Risen indeed!
We are Easter people; let us live into the hope of Christ’s resurrection.
May this day offer you just what you need in each unfolding moment,.
Burgers & Blessing at Grace
Kicking-off our summer gatherings of faith, fellowship and food
June is here, and thus our annual Burgers and Blessings get-togethers are underway!
Please join us Wednesdays, during the month of June, at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2801 N. Garfield Street in Midland, Texas. The dinners begin at 6:00 p.m. and are very casual.
Burgers, hot dogs and “the fixings” will be provided by the church; you just come, bring a side dish or dessert, and the gift of your company.
UPDATE to our COVID Notes:
Given that the number of positive COVID reports – both locally and across the nation have shown a significant drop, we are updating our COVID Notes.
- Kids Club will be meeting in-person.
- We are no longer opening with encouraging masks, but want folks to do what they feel they need to do to be safe.
- Masks are no longer required when singing.
- Zoom and Facebook worship options continue to be available.
The Mission Team has designated the first Sunday of each month as a “Blessing Box Sunday”, meaning that is a GREAT time to make donations for the Blessing Box. A suggested list of items is included in the newsletter (and on the Mission table in the narthex) and covers such things as canned soups, canned fruits, boxed meals, canned meats, pasta, pasta sauces, crackers of all kinds, peanut butter crackers, peanut butter, rice, cereals, granola bars, cookies, baby goods of any kind, and toiletries. Include things you would like, yourself! Creativity is welcome.
As Sundays are presently a difficult day to bring donations, another day works fine (Tuesday thru Friday); there is a collection basket on/by the Mission table back by the Fellowship Hall. Or – if the Blessing Box is in need of stocking, you can put your goods directly in the Box.
Thank you; YOU are a blessing!
• Manna Bags: The Manna Bags are available at the church for you to keep in your car and hand out to people on the street corners asking for help. They contain face masks, food items and information about where to get help. Feel free to come by and pick them up.
• Growing with Grace: We continue to pack sacks of food for Fannin Elementary students to take home with them on the weekends.
• Prayer Box. Also by the labyrinth on the edge of our north parking lot is the Grace “Prayer Box” (in the photo, at left). Anyone from the community is welcome to come by and drop in a prayer request. Requests will be kept anonymous as they are shared with the congregation.
• Grace continues to support our Mission Partners each month: Marion Medical Mission, Family Promise, Tres Rios Presbytery, Community Children’s Clinic, Reflection Ministries, and others.
• Grace received a grant of $1,000 from the Tres Rios Presbytery to help keep the well- utilized Blessing Box stocked. Thank you Tres Rios Presbytery!!!
What’s Happening at Grace …
Online Giving Through Presbyterian Foundation
(CLICK HERE for instructions on how to use this feature)