“Gathering to seek and to worship God,
and disperse, sharing and celebrating through love and service, the grace of God:
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.”
We worship and celebrate the Sacrament of Communion TOGETHER on the 1st & 3rd Sunday of each month. During the week and other Sundays, both faith communities come TOGETHER for spiritual growth, fellowship, outreach ministries, and worship.
Sunday Morning Worship Service
Beloved community … this Sunday – December 10 – you are invited to join us, online or in-person!
~ Coffee & Conversation, “Reflections on Advent,” 9:30 am, Adult Sunday School Room
~ Children’s Sunday School, 10:15 am, Children’s Sunday School Room
~ TOGETHER Worship Service & The Lone Star Brass, 11:00 am – in person, by Zoom (link below, and on Facebook Live (Grace Presbyterian Church, Midland, Texas)
Advent Candle Lighting: The Clarks
Scripture/Sermon: Mark 8:1-8 / Prepare the Way
Guest Musicians: The Lone Star Brass
Assisting in Worship: Elder Harper Estes, Director of Music Laura Holloman, Digital Worship Supervisor Bob Alexander
Passcode: S4H0T1 (the 0 is a ‘zero’)
Hearing assistance devices; large print hymnals; fun activity bags for children; and the children’s play/pray space in the front corner of the sanctuary.
~ Grace’s “Happy Taxi”: is running again! If you would like a ride to worship on Sundays, please call Happy Taxi coordinator Judy Brown (853-3056)
Thank You, your holiness, for such attention to our lives, and In Christ’s name, Amen.
5:30 p.m. Mission Team Meeting
6:30 p.m. Congregational Life Team Meeting
6:30 p.m. Scouting Family Pack 317
6:30 p.m. Resource Team Meeting
7:00 p.m. Handbell Choir, Bell Choir Room
1:00 p.m. Soul Sisters
5:30 p.m. Kid’s Club
If you’d like to assist in preparing meals for our Kid’s Club participants on Wednesday evenings, your help will be welcomed with open arms!
Contact Judy Brown or Chris Laufer. Thanking you in advance for your support of the children in our church family.
5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Advent Fellowship & Prayer Service
7:00 p.m. Choir, Choir Room
3:00 p.m. Horizons Study
6:30 p.m. Session Meeting
Christ is Risen! Christ is Risen indeed!
We are Easter people; let us live into the hope of Christ’s resurrection.
May this day offer you just what you need in each unfolding moment.
The Rev. Diane Baldwin has joined the staff at Grace Presbyterian Church as our Interim Pastor.
The Mission Team has designated the first Sunday of each month as a “Blessing Box Sunday”, meaning that is a GREAT time to make donations for the Blessing Box. A suggested list of items is included in the newsletter (and on the Mission table in the narthex) and covers such things as canned soups, canned fruits, boxed meals, canned meats, pasta, pasta sauces, crackers of all kinds, peanut butter crackers, peanut butter, rice, cereals, granola bars, cookies, baby goods of any kind, and toiletries. Include things you would like, yourself! Creativity is welcome.
As Sundays are presently a difficult day to bring donations, another day works fine (Tuesday thru Friday); there is a collection basket on/by the Mission table back by the Fellowship Hall. Or – if the Blessing Box is in need of stocking, you can put your goods directly in the Box.
Thank you; YOU are a blessing!
• Manna Bags: The Manna Bags are available at the church for you to keep in your car and hand out to people on the street corners asking for help. They contain face masks, food items and information about where to get help. Feel free to come by and pick them up.
• Growing with Grace: We continue to pack sacks of food for Fannin Elementary students to take home with them on the weekends.
• Prayer Box. Also by the labyrinth on the edge of our north parking lot is the Grace “Prayer Box” (in the photo, at left). Anyone from the community is welcome to come by and drop in a prayer request. Requests will be kept anonymous as they are shared with the congregation.
• Grace continues to support our Mission Partners each month: Marion Medical Mission, Family Promise, Tres Rios Presbytery, Community Children’s Clinic, Reflection Ministries, and others.
• Grace received a grant of $1,000 from the Tres Rios Presbytery to help keep the well- utilized Blessing Box stocked. Thank you Tres Rios Presbytery!!!
What’s Happening at Grace …
Online Giving Through Presbyterian Foundation
(CLICK HERE for instructions on how to use this feature)