Welcome to Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas! We are a vibrant, devoted congregation of believers drawn together in faith, compassion, and spiritual commitment; small in number but great in spirit. We invite you to browse through our website and explore who we are – better yet, come worship with us!
“The people of Grace Presbyterian Church gather to seek and to worship God,
and disperse, sharing and celebrating through love and service, the grace of God:
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.“
Ash Wednesday ONLINE: 02/17/21
We are changing our plans for our Ash Wednesday Service, tomorrow, February 17 – due to the uncertainty of the weather, colder temperatures than we anticipated, and an icy parking lot. Please share this information with anyone you know of who may have been planning to attend.
We will meet by Zoom, at 6:00 p.m. The link is below.
We will not be able to impose ashes; I suggest instead that you have some kind of oil (olive oil, for example), available, and we will offering prayers for healing and anointing with oil.
Here’s the link:
Topic: Grace Presbyterian Ash Wednesday Service
Time: Feb 17, 2021 06:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID:858 9948 6098
From the Gathered Community: 02/07/21
We gathered to seek and worship God, and share the Lord’s Supper (by Zoom) on this beautiful Lord’s day. Special thanks to Laura for beautiful music from the sanctuary piano.
Scripture Readings: Isaiah 40:21-31; Mark 1:29-39
Theme: Kicking Up Dust, Service Bulletin (pdf)
Please remember in your prayers:
- From Chris Laufer: Please keep an acquaintance of mine in prayer. She and her children are in an abusive relationship and she is making plans to leave it.
- From Dee Estes: Harper’s sister Cindy is having major surgery Wed.
- From Bambi Byars: Alan is making progress, going on oral chemo, his attitude is good and memory is coming back
- Ann Killam – Ann, and son & daughter-in-law all have COVID. Ann is pretty sick.
- Raquel Mendoza (former nursery staff) – cancer treatment
The church office will be closed tomorrow (Monday); if you have treats to bring for the Love Boxes, please bring them tomorrow (Monday) at 5:15.
Coming up: We are providing meals for Family Promise families March 7-14; If you can help, please contact Jeff Laufer. email@example.com
In the coming week: May the Spirit of Jesus take your hand and lift you up so that you may be of service to others.
Pastor, Grace Presbyterian Church
The Easter season is coming soon! To mark the beginning of Lent, Grace is planning an outdoor, parking lot Ash Wednesday Service on February 17 at 6:00 PM. This will be an opportunity for all to gather and prepare for the Lenten season, a time for prayer and repentance leading to the celebration of Easter on April 4.
Grace Worship Schedule
We are closely and continually monitoring the Covid-19 situation in Midland. We wish to return to in-person worship as soon as it is safely possible. As of now we will continue remote (Zoom) worship for the month of February. If you wish to join us for worship by Zoom, please contact the church office for information. 684-6542.
We are hopeful that as the vaccine continues to grow in its prevalence and with continued decline in new cases and hospitalization, we will soon be looking at returning to safe live worship.
The Mission Team has designated the first Sunday of each month as a “Blessing Box Sunday”, meaning that is a GREAT time to make donations for the Blessing Box. A suggested list of items is included in the newsletter (and on the Mission table in the narthex) and covers such things as canned soups, canned fruits, boxed meals, canned meats, pasta, pasta sauces, crackers of all kinds, peanut butter crackers, peanut butter, rice, cereals, granola bars, cookies, baby goods of any kind, and toiletries. Include things you would like, yourself! Creativity is welcome.
As Sundays are presently a difficult day to bring donations, another day works fine (Tuesday thru Friday); there is a collection basket on/by the Mission table back by the Fellowship Hall. Or – if the Blessing Box is in need of stocking, you can put your goods directly in the Box.
Thank you; YOU are a blessing!
Friendship House has completed their first month here at Grace!!! This new, non-profit organization offers a day program for young adults with special needs. They use our Fellowship Hall during the day time Monday-Friday. They have four regular participants, and will be adding more this summer. Church members are welcome to come by, visit, and see what they are doing. We are seeking to form a relationship with them that will develop into church members volunteering with the program, and program participants helping the church as well.
• Travel Toiletries: We always welcome donations of travel toiletries. Jeff McDonald takes these to various organizations around town including Breaking Bread Kitchen Ministry and Safe Place.
• Manna Bags: The Manna Bags are available at the church for you to keep in your car and hand out to people on the street corners asking for help. They contain facemasks, food items and information about where to get help. Feel free to come by and pick them up.
• Growing with Grace: We continue to pack sacks of food for Fannin Elementary students to take home with them on the weekends.
• Prayer Box. Also by the labyrinth on the edge of our north parking lot is the Grace “Prayer Box” (in the photo, at left). Anyone from the community is welcome to come by and drop in a prayer request. Requests will be kept anonymous as they are shared with the congregation.
• Grace continues to support our Mission Partners each month: Marion Medical Mission, Family Promise, Tres Rios Presbytery, Community Children’s Clinic, Reflection Ministries, and others.
• Grace received a grant of $1,000 from the Tres Rios Presbytery to help keep the well- utilized Blessing Box stocked. Thank you Tres Rios Presbytery!!!
Worship with us ONLINE: 02/14/21
We will hold Sunday School and Worship by Zoom this Sunday. The bulletin for worship is attached, and the link is below.
To join Sunday School please log on around 9:30; to join worship, please log on a few minutes before 11:00. You will be placed in a waiting room until the hosts let you in. Please be sure the device you are using gives us a name we will recognize, rather than a number (this is for security reasons so we know who we are letting into our worship space).
Here’s the link:
Topic: Sunday Mornings at Grace
Time: Feb 14, 2021 09:30 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 837 0586 4521
Church Work Day
Masks and physical distancing protocol were in effect. Most of the work was outside work this time, and volunteers came with rakes, gloves, trimmers, etc. We appreciate everyone’s help! Some of outside features – such as the labyrinth, the Blessing Box, and the Prayer Request Box – are there for the community.
What’s Happening at Grace …
Online Giving Through Presbyterian Foundation
(CLICK HERE for instructions on how to use this feature)