Welcome to Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland,
Texas! We are a vibrant, devoted congregation of believers drawn together in faith, compassion, and spiritual commitment; small in number but great in spirit. We invite you to browse through our website and explore who we are – better yet, come worship with us!
Welcome to Grace Presbyterian Church.
“The people of Grace Presbyterian Church gather to seek and to worship God,
and disperse, sharing and celebrating through love and service, the grace of God:
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.“
Come to the north parking lot, remain in your vehicle, and tune your radio to FM 89.1.
This is a new and different way to celebrate the birth of our Savior, but celebrate we will, even in the midst of a pandemic.
We will tell the story of Jesus: through scripture and song, sharing communion, and lighting glow sticks (instead of candles).
• The bulletin for the service is attached …
Year-End Letter from Pastor Cheryl
Dear Friend of Grace,
What a year it has been!
In January we first heard of a new virus that literally flew across the ocean on a jet plane and began infecting people in the USA and around the world, and it has consumed our lives ever since. Although Grace Presbyterian Church reluctantly suspended in-person worship to protect the health of our members, ministries have continued in many ways …
Christmas Joy Offering
Each year during the Advent and Christmas season, we turn our eyes to Bethlehem
and celebrate the wondrous gift of Jesus Christ, our Savior.
God has blessed the Church with incredible leadership in every time and place, but those leaders often need to be supported by their communities as well. This Offering addresses the support needed by some of our leaders, including supporting leadership development for communities of color, and providing support for Presbyterian church workers in their time of need.
By giving to the Christmas Joy Offering, you honor God’s gift of Jesus Christ by providing assistance to current and retired church workers in their time of need and developing our future leaders at Presbyterian-related schools and colleges equipping communities of color.
From the Gathered Community
We gathered via Zoom to seek and to worship God on this Third Sunday of Advent. It was a joy to see the joyful Christmas colors on the screen today!!! Special thanks to Avery Scott for the beautiful solo! The video of Avery’s solo is posted on the church Facebook page and in our church Facebook group.
Scripture Readings: Isaiah 61:1-4, 8-11; Luke 1:46-55
Theme: The World Turned Upside Down (sermon is attached because I understand there was unstable internet during our Zoom meeting)
- Doyce & Linda Brown – 50th wedding anniversary coming up at the end of December
- Karen Dirks: For students and parents, may they accept the consequences of waiting too long to get things done; Amber, whose death left behind two junior high aged children; . Wendy, freedom from fear; Our country; Covid
- Lois Born: as the house is packed and they make their way to Virginia; giving thanks for the warm fellowship, friendship & love they found at Grace
- Dick Snyder: giving thanks for daughter Laran on her birthday – she joined us today for worship
- Steven & Mary Sue Alexander: for healing for friend Roarke O’Conner who has COVID
- Peggy Jezek: comfort on the loss of her friend this week, and for the friend’s family
- Mary: giving thanks for the life of (former member) Betty Dole and comfort for her family on her death
- Mark Nicholas: giving thanks that Clint Martin’s health has improved – looking for local rehab; comfort for the family of Greg Maes who died of COVID this week
- Deb Wilson: celebrating negative breast MRI this week!!!
- Joy Alexander: her parents, recovering from COVID & mother recovering from fall
- Dee Estes: Harper’s sister who has a mass in her colon
- Next Sunday, December 20: Virtual Christmas pageant during our Zoom worship at 11:00 am
- Christmas Eve, December 24: Parking lot service (via FM radio) in our north parking lot at 6:00 pm
Pastor, Grace Presbyterian Church
Enjoy this holiday break … some seasonal music by the Lone Star Brass quintet, from a recent performance at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas.
Eric Baker – trumpet, Ben Fairfield – trumpet, Scott Millichamp – horn, John E. Elizondo – trombone, Kevin Young – tuba.
• Enjoy the music …
Worship with us ONLINE!
• Instead of meeting in person Sunday, we are planning to worship by ZOOM only at 11:00 am: Anyone who wants to join us for Zoom Worship or Sunday School, can call the church office to get access information.
• Instead of meeting in person Sunday, we are planning for Adult Sunday School by ZOOM only at 9:30 am: Anyone who wants to join us for Zoom Worship or Sunday School, can call the church office to get access information.
- On December 6, 2020, our worship included five musical selections from Lone Star Brass. To enjoy their music now, click on Sermons, above.
• October Mission Reminder: We are collecting these items for the Community Children’s Clinic– Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Kleenex, Letter-sized Copy Paper
Also … Manna Bags are available for you to keep in your car to give to folks on the street corners.
We also have our ongoing collection of Travel-Size Toiletries for donation to various local agencies.
Pick-ups and drop-offs for all of the above may be done through the church office during business hours.
~ Please remember in your prayers those who have had a positive COVID test, and are sick. Also please keep their families in your prayers.
Church Work Day
Masks and physical distancing protocol were in effect. Most of the work was outside work this time, and volunteers came with rakes, gloves, trimmers, etc. We appreciate everyone’s help! Some of outside features – such as the labyrinth, the Blessing Box, and the Prayer Request Box – are there for the community.
What’s Happening at Grace …
Online Giving Through Presbyterian Foundation
(CLICK HERE for instructions on how to use this feature)