Welcome to Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas! We are a vibrant, devoted congregation of believers drawn together in faith, compassion, and spiritual commitment; small in number but great in spirit. We invite you to browse through our website and explore who we are – better yet, come worship with us!
“The people of Grace Presbyterian Church gather to seek and to worship God,
and disperse, sharing and celebrating through love and service, the grace of God:
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.“
Worship at Grace, Online and In-Person, This Sunday
Adult Sunday School is at 9:30, in person and by Zoom.
Time: Jun 6, 2021 09:30 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Here’s the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83705864521
Meeting ID: 837 0586 4521
Children’s Sunday School is in-person at 10:15.
We will worship and celebrate the Lord’s Supper in person and through Facebook Live at 11:00.
The worship bulletin is attached: June 6, 2021 Bulletin
Updated protocols for in-person worship:
- Those who have been completely vaccinated may participate without wearing a mask or practicing social distancing.
- Those who have not been vaccinated are encouraged to wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Those who have been completely vaccinated may sing (with or without a mask) – yea!!!
- Those who are not vaccinated are requested to wear a mask if they sing.
Mission: The first Sunday of each month we bring non-perishable food items for the Blessing Box in the parking lot. This is a “first Sunday!” (See more about the Blessing Box, below.)
From the Gathered Community: 05/30/21
We gathered to seek and worship God on this Lord’s Day, Trinity Sunday.
Special thanks to Laura AND THE CHOIR for wonderful music today!
Theme: “Holy, Holy, Holy…”
- Ver Nelle Fidler – For the Tinslar family (former Trinity members) – Craig Tinslar’s mother Almeda Tinslar died this week
- Violet Singh – celebrating that daughter Melissa and children are here visiting from Nebraska
- Joyce Sherrod – celebrating Soul Sister birthdays: Beth Mitchell, Jo Halpert (94!); also Laura Holleman, Robert Winegar, Mark Singh, Cheryl Truszkowski and Kelcy Truszkowski are celebrating birthdays.
- Giving thanks that Kyle McWilliams is home from China
- Praying for peace for brothers and sisters in Colombia
Mission ‘minder: Next Sunday (June 6) the First Sunday of the month, we will be collecting non-perishable food items for the Blessing Box. (See more about the Blessing Box, below.)
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you always!
Pastor, Grace Presbyterian Church
Attached is the story of our church life throughout 2020 (more commonly known as our 2020 Annual Report). This is your story – and it is a story of grace and faithfulness. Well done good and faithful servants!
The Mission Team has designated the first Sunday of each month as a “Blessing Box Sunday”, meaning that is a GREAT time to make donations for the Blessing Box. A suggested list of items is included in the newsletter (and on the Mission table in the narthex) and covers such things as canned soups, canned fruits, boxed meals, canned meats, pasta, pasta sauces, crackers of all kinds, peanut butter crackers, peanut butter, rice, cereals, granola bars, cookies, baby goods of any kind, and toiletries. Include things you would like, yourself! Creativity is welcome.
As Sundays are presently a difficult day to bring donations, another day works fine (Tuesday thru Friday); there is a collection basket on/by the Mission table back by the Fellowship Hall. Or – if the Blessing Box is in need of stocking, you can put your goods directly in the Box.
Thank you; YOU are a blessing!
Friendship House has completed their first month here at Grace!!! This new, non-profit organization offers a day program for young adults with special needs. They use our Fellowship Hall during the day time Monday-Friday. They have four regular participants, and will be adding more this summer. Church members are welcome to come by, visit, and see what they are doing. We are seeking to form a relationship with them that will develop into church members volunteering with the program, and program participants helping the church as well.
• Manna Bags: The Manna Bags are available at the church for you to keep in your car and hand out to people on the street corners asking for help. They contain facemasks, food items and information about where to get help. Feel free to come by and pick them up.
• Growing with Grace: We continue to pack sacks of food for Fannin Elementary students to take home with them on the weekends.
• Prayer Box. Also by the labyrinth on the edge of our north parking lot is the Grace “Prayer Box” (in the photo, at left). Anyone from the community is welcome to come by and drop in a prayer request. Requests will be kept anonymous as they are shared with the congregation.
• Grace continues to support our Mission Partners each month: Marion Medical Mission, Family Promise, Tres Rios Presbytery, Community Children’s Clinic, Reflection Ministries, and others.
• Grace received a grant of $1,000 from the Tres Rios Presbytery to help keep the well- utilized Blessing Box stocked. Thank you Tres Rios Presbytery!!!
Church Work Day
Masks and physical distancing protocol were in effect. Most of the work was outside work this time, and volunteers came with rakes, gloves, trimmers, etc. We appreciate everyone’s help! Some of outside features – such as the labyrinth, the Blessing Box, and the Prayer Request Box – are there for the community.
What’s Happening at Grace …
Online Giving Through Presbyterian Foundation
(CLICK HERE for instructions on how to use this feature)